The Elwha Dam removal project kicked off with a ceremony last Saturday, marking the largest dam removal effort in United States history.
The Peninsula Daily News has a fantastic feature story on the ceremony, including these highlights:
Jon Jarvis, Director of the National Park Service, which is overseeing the dam removal project, saluted the resilience of the [...]
Tom Callis reports in the Peninsula Daily News:
“The Elwha River will begin to be freed this week when workers start to take “a little off the top” of the Glines Canyon Dam, the second of the two Elwha dams west of Port Angeles.
It will be the beginning of the largest dam removal project in the [...]
A $6 million water-purification plant was dedicated on Wednesday, Aug. 24 in Bremerton. The project was funded by federal stimulus dollars and supported 120 jobs!
As published in the Kitsap Sun:
“A new $6 million water-purification plant will allow Bremerton to continue drawing much of its drinking water from the Casad Dam on the Union River while [...]
Below are excerpts from a story published in the Peninsula Daily News – to read the entire article, click here.
The Port of Port Townsend will receive $1.3 million from the federal government toward building a passenger ferry boat to run between Port Townsend and Seattle. U.S. Rep. Norm Dicks said Monday that he was informed [...]
- » Federal funds headed for Tacoma to revamp Pacific Ave.
- » Victory for the environment: House rejects “Extinction Rider”
- » Tacoma’s Union Station turns 100
- » Port of Port Angeles groundbreaking “about jobs, jobs, jobs”
- » Spending bill could provide more than $77 million to schools on JBLM
- » Legislation proposed to move Quileutes out of tsunami zone